So the other day you made me some yummy breakfast, (way to make the wife happy ;P)And so in memory of that day, I will publish here a small chapter on eggs.
1- The Fried Egg AKA Sunny Side Up:
I've had war with the making of the fried egg. Until really recently I didn't know how to make a pretty one... The edges would come out all toasty. But I think I finally found the key to success...
-> BUTTER.
*Start off with a clean frying pan.
*Melt a small spoonful of butter or margarine into the pan (I always add Non-stick cooking spray too, just in case. I like yolk.) You know the heat is too high if your butter turns a toasty golden color and sizzles to the point where you're feeling it on your arm.
*Crack the egg into the pan. Wait until the white part of the egg becomes nice and firm, with barely any gooey parts on it. When the egg is a bit solid, use a spatula to flip the egg over gently.
(It helps to slowly and softly slide the spatula under the portion with the yolk. Don't lift the spatula too much.)
*Once you turned the egg, you can leave the egg cooking on the other side depending on how you like your yolk. For runny yolk, leave on less time. For solid yolk, more time.
I could go on to scrambled eggs, omelets, poached eggs, hard boiled eggs (LOL I'm an expert after the Easter mishap.) But I'll leave those for subsequent chapters.
Guess I'm going to write in here by chapter. Seasoning, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Dessert, etc.

2 comments:
Nice blog Z!! Now I'm hungry. :)
LOL Thanks :D Been cooking A LOT!
Post a Comment